Saturday, September 29, 2012

It's Time

Alternative Revolt Magazine - © Alternative Revolt
Still here? I know, I know, I've been gone for over a year. Many of you may know that I have been working full time for "the man" all while performing my duties as the Director of Photography for Alternative Revolt Magazine, my freelance photography work, and of course my work over at The Thirsty Muse.

Levi Benton - © Michael Warth


I've all but quit working as an artist. Though I have painted a few new works, I have really been lazy when it comes to fine art creations. Over the past few months I have been putting new work together, gathering the proper and much needed supplies, and have great plans to get back to what I love. The magazine is gone, and it really did take up a lot more time that I ever thought it would have. Furthermore, The Thirsty Muse takes a lot of time to produce and it does eat up a lot of my free time. With that said, I don't want to wait for January 2013 to start fresh with the new business model for Warth Arts.

I had a lot of fun at the magazine and I will miss it terribly. Meeting and photographing world famous rock stars (as pictured here at the left: Levi Benton of the band Miss May I), writing the popular 'Hopping Mad' beer column and even doing interviews with bands. The stuff back stage, on the tour busses, in the photo pit, and around the venue with literally thousands of screaming fans is something I could never try to explain here on the blog. Just know I made some awesome memories, great friends, and thousands of photographs I am deeply proud of.

Avenged Sevenfold - © Michael Warth
The work at the magazine taught me a lot about life, and what doing what you love is the most important thing in life. I have met individuals who have picked up a guitar, drumsticks, singing, etc., and made it their life's work. Many of them know I paint and wonder why I don't just make the leap and do what I love for a living. That's a long story for another post.

As of now, I have several canvases freshly "toned" and ready for me to start new work. The plein air bag is always packed and ready for an adventure, and the studio is due to be cleaned up and ready for new levels of productivity. I hope you will join me here on the blog to learn more about my paintings, the process, and the adventures I take on to make new art. It's Time...time for me to get back to the things I'm good at, and what I love to do. At times, I'll share what I'm doing in the world of photography, writing, and maybe even a little bit of my personal life.

A recently completed plein air painting...

"In The Field" 8" x 6" Oil on Canvas - © Michael Warth







No comments: