Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Pen and Ink Drawing

Framed Pen & Ink drawing - Copyright 2008 Michael Warth

Hi all,

Many of you know I started my professional artist career focusing on pen and ink drawings. In particular, commissioned home portraits in pen and ink. I wanted to share one of my favorites completed during 2008 - a pen and ink home portrait commission for Ms Maria D. I have not lost interest in pen and ink - on the contrary, I love drawing in pen and ink. The problem is time. As you might imagine, they take a long time to complete and oils tend to fair better with the majority of art buyers.

I want to thank Maria D. and her sister for commissioning a pen and ink drawing of her Dad's house for Christmas. I really enjoyed doing the drawing.

Unframed Pen & Ink drawing - Copyright 2008 Michael Warth

I have mentioned this in earlier posts, but 2009 is going to be an exciting time for Michael Warth Studios. I plan to do more commissions and share them here on the blog. One area I'm really excited about is the dog portraits in oil that I am beginning an agressive marketing campaign on - more on that later.

Cheers,

Michael

2 comments:

Tanim said...

gr8 job.

www.wondeerr.blogspot.com is my site please visit.

Tanim said...

Thanks Michael's for visiting my www.mmyyppiicc.blogspot.com site.

If you visit my www.wondeerr.blogspot.com and comment me then i will be very very very happy. again thanx.